Made possible in part by Prime Sponsor
Country Mile Wireless
To become a Prime Sponsor click here

Ord 2023-2 Changes the Board of Trustees meeting date

Ord 2023-3 Changes the Planning Commission meeting date

Cedar Creek is a great place to live because the majority of residents take pride in their homes and property. To keep the village looking great, the Board of Trustees has adopted ordinances regulating property maintenance in both residential and commercial areas.

The most common property maintenance violations are:


Buildings and structures and parts thereof shall be maintained in a safe and sanitary condition. The owner or the owner's designated agent shall be responsible for such maintenance. Owners shall be responsible for keeping the premises in a clean, sanitary and safe condition. The throwing, leaving, depositing, or allowing the accumulation of any worn out, broken, or worthless item, waste, garbage, trash, debris, or refuse on any property is prohibited.


The owner of any lot within the Municipality shall keep the lot and the adjoining street and alley free of any growth of twelve inches (12”) or more in height of weeds, grasses, or worthless vegetation.

Trees shall be trimmed to a minimum height of fourteen (14) feet above the street.

All trees that are in a diseased, dying, or dead condition are to be removed by the property owner.


Storage of an unlicensed boat, boat trailer, camp trailer, or other vehicle shall not be permitted in any yard. All vehicles stored on private property must be operable and properly licensed unless stored in an enclosed structure.

To report a possible code violation, call the village office at (402) 234-7856, or send e-mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. The violation will be investigated by the Board. When a violation is identified, the owner will be notified of the violation and given the opportunity to correct it. In some situations the village may make arrangements to have the violation abated. When this occurs, the property owner must pay for the costs of abatement or the village will place a special assessment against the property.